Learning More About Alaska LNG
On April 17, 2017, Alaska Gasline Development Corporation (AGDC) filed an Application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), for the authorization to site, construct and operate an integrated LNG project, pursuant to Section 3(a) of the Natural Gas Act. FERC has published a Notice of Application for the Alaska LNG project.
The Application includes an Environmental Report (Exhibit F) that contains a series of resource reports that provide preliminary data to regulators and the public on project impacts and baseline environmental conditions. These are required as part of the NEPA process.
These resource reports have been designed to help those interested in the project to better understand Alaska’s socioeconomic and environmental landscapes. The resource reports are intended to be useful to stakeholders as they provide a framework to enable important conversations and input to help inform decisions about Alaska LNG.
The exhibits below contain the Application submitted by AGDC. You can access these documents by clicking on the link below. Alternatively you can view the entire application by visiting the FERC website at www.ferc.gov, enter docket number CP17-178.
Exhibit A – AGDC Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
Exhibit B – Statement of Incorporation and Financial Relationships
Exhibit C – State Authorization
Exhibit D – Agreement between Applicant and Border Facilities
Exhibit E – Safety and Reliability Statement
- Exhibit E-1 Earthquake Hazards & Engineering
- Resource Report 11 Reliability and Safety
- Resource Report 13 Engineering and Design Material
- LNG; Mainline; Cook Inlet Crossing; Gas Treatment Plant
Exhibit G – Location of Facilities
Exhibit H – Additional Federal Authorizations For further details see Resource Report 1, Appendix C
- USACE (Corps) 404/10 Permit
- ADEC 401 Certificate of Reasonable Assurance (supports Corps permit)
- PHMSA Pipeline Special Permit
- BLM ROW & TLUP Permit
- USCG Waterway Suitability & Letter of Recommendation
- NHPA Section 106 Consultation
- USFWS & NMFA Section 7 Endangered Species Act Consultation
- NMFS Essential Fish Habitat Consultation
Links to the above materials can be found by accessing the FERC Library. Type CP17-178 in the Docket Search field at https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/docket_search.asp.